Friday fingers // distressed denim




Navy is one of my favorite colors, its simple and never lets you down, even when your feeling blue. For this weeks friday fingers I thought I'd go casual and do acid denim nails. Let me just say this is way easier than bleaching a vest, or for that matter bleaching anything. Nothing beats going the easy way out.

Materials

#1. Navy nail polish 
#2. White nail polish
#3. Top coat
#4. Q-tips
#5. Acetone - not shown
#6. 20 minutes of your time
#7. & this of course


Step one: Once you've applied your base coat coat, apply the navy polish.



Step two: After waiting for your navy polish to dry, apply the white nail polish on the nails you'd like to have the acid wash look. I personally like the look of two denim nailsrather than all of them.



Step three:  Once the white coat is completely dry, dip aq-tip into acetone and softly rub areas of the white polish. If you end uprubing to hard you’ll go through both layers of polish. ** I used about threeq-tips for two nails because the white polish gathered and made it moredifficult to get a clean look.


Step four: Apply top coat and done! I decided to pizzaz it a little and added some charms from our Hex Etsy account!



Happy casual friday! 
 Instagram // RSS


7 Comments

  1. Wow that looks great and actually looks really easy! I might be able to do this, I'm so going to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! gonna try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty awesome! Even that blue on it's own is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME idea!! xo Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty design!
    http://bodaciousthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool idea, definitely trying this when I finally get around to redoing my nails!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top
Pin It button on image hover